Most regular individuals do not understand the role and function of an Executive Creative Director (ECD). The Art Director, designation Director, Director of Photography and Creative Director all sound the same to the layman. But in actual fact the ECD’s role is far more vital than just sitting on a special chair shouting “cut” and “action”.
The Executive Creative Director like Joseph Cianciotto is the soul person who is accountable for developing the idea and concept of the entire video to fit the branding of the business or company’s products. He also moulds and shapes the whole video to distinctively have an impact on the market or target audience.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Creativity: Executive Creative directors will formulate new ideas for advertising campaigns, branding, and marketing messages. They need to be aware of design and smart copy, and be acquainted with brand new approaches to advertising.
- Analytical Skills: Marketing and advertising is ever-growing, and good executive creative directors are able to look at new data, analyze trends and keep with the times.
- Decision-Making Skills: Marketing campaigns have timelines, and executive creative directors will have to make decisions on final art, final copy, finished commercials and radio spots.
- Interpersonal Skills: Executive creative directors will meet with clients and corporate heads on a customary basis. Being a good communicator to all concerned will help to a great extent.
- Management Skills: Executive creative directors often have to keep many creative on schedule, and cope with their own time.
Joseph Cianciotto is half artistically driven and half a marketing executive.
Business owners and companies looking into increasing their advertising reach into the visual media should acutely consider hiring an ECD to work on high impact videos for their target market.
Some production houses in New York only have visual directors and you can only find good executive creative directors in big advertising organizations. That is because they comprehend the significance of branding.
Unlike in your face hard selling, Product branding last longer and places the creation in a platform like position among its competitors, which assists the product to out sell with little effort in marketing. But branding a product does not happen instantly, it takes the synchronized efforts of all media formats and proper promotion and event campaign to productively boost the products popularity. The Executive Creative Director has the colossal task of dreaming up all the angles of attack towards the achievement of the general campaign.
Executive creative directors like Joseph Cianciotto are the creative leads at marketing and advertising companies, working with copywriters, designers, artists, marketers and sales teams to create a vision for products sold. Creative directors plan marketing, administer the creative process and give direction to the creative people that work under them. They endorse all work created by their staff and time and again work directly with clients to present that work.
Executive creative directors also follow the most modern trends in advertising, design and marketing, aid to attract clients, and appoint creative staff.