What a mess of doctors we have parents with our children. Between vaccines, reviews, etc. it is difficult to remember everything, that’s why it is easy for us to miss going to the dentist for good oral health. Then we explain when you should go with your son or daughter to the dentist to have his mouth checked.
Steps to follow:
- 1 year: go to the dentist to make the first revision of the child’s teeth. You have to see if the gums are prepared for the first teeth and molars. It is time to see if the pacifier, bottle or, in the worst case, the finger, have generated malformations in the mouth.
- Between 2 and 6 years, go to the dentist every 6 months because you have to follow the teeth of milk and anticipate possible problems. It is also the perfect time to raise awareness among children (and parents) of good brushing of their teeth and to note which foods produce cavities.
- At age 7, coinciding with the 6-year-old teeth, you have to go to seal them. What is this? They did not do it to me, you will think, because that’s how our generation has our mouth! For children, it is difficult to brush those teeth because they are at the end of the gum. That is why we proceed to cast a resin to protect them from possible decay. Keep in mind that they are definitive molars!!
- Between the ages of 6 and 14, the dentist will introduce the use of dental floss in oral hygiene. It will also monitor controls on tartar, cross bite and crowding of teeth.
- From the age of 14 it is sufficient to go to the dentist once a year to follow up.
- The word dentist usually generates phobias but the Dr. Roze Dental Clinic presents where we can see that children who come to their center, and enter with monsters of dirty teeth and come out as Captains of white teeth. Observe the smiles of the children (nothing to do with the fear of the adult dentist).